Nand lal Bose was one of those painters who fought against all odds in order to pursue his passion. Unlike many other Indian painters, Bose did not have the support of his family.
Name E.B. Havell, was an influential English arts administrator, art historian and author of numerous books about Indian art and architecture.
Abanindranath first created the ‘Indian Society of Oriental Art’ and later went on to establish Bengal school of art. His sole aim for establishing the school was to counter the English influence on Indian artists.
Ram Gopal Vijay Vargiya was a genius and innovative artist from Rajasthan who became a patagonist of the Bengal school.
Abdur Rahman Chughtai was a painter Artist and intellectual from Pakistan, who created his own unique, distinctive painting style influenced by Mughal art, miniature painting, Art Nouveau and Islamic art traditions.
Kshitindranath Majumdar studied till middle school in his village there, after which he joined the Government School of Art in Kolkata in 1905, where he studied under the tutelage of Abanindra Nath Tagore.
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to email a link to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)