Amrita Sher-Gil was one of the most famous painters of India. She is also considered as a revolutionary woman artist and the originator of modern art in India.
Jamini Roy started off his career as a portrait painter but wasn’t entirely happy about being a portrait painter who worked for commission. It was in the year 1925 that he heard his true calling outside the famous Kalighat temple in Calcutta.
He was one of the most famous artists of India, known all over the world for his amazing paintings that he created during his lifetime. M. F. Husain was called the ‘Picasso of India’ by the Forbes magazine.
Kamlesh Dutt is a scholar,educationist, writer and painter of his time. He was the follower of “sameekhshabadi” art movement for which they gathered inspiration from Indian culture and philosophy.
Raja Ravi Varma was an Indian painter and artist, considered as one of the greatest painters in the history of Indian art.
He was a 20th-century Indian artist and one of the founder members of Baroda Group He made a name for himself as a landscape artist. He was an Indian painter and artist .
Gaganendranath is counted, along with his brother Abanindranath, as one of the earliest practitioners of modern art in India.
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to email a link to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)